Are you looking for some healthy vegan dairy alternatives that can please your taste buds at the same time? Well look no further! Here is a super simple recipe for your very own homemade vegan coconut yogurt.
This yogurt can be used in a variety of ways:
- Add honey or agave and throw in your favorite fruit and granola
- Use in place of sour cream
- Salad dressings
1 Can of Organic Coconut Milk
1 Vegan Probiotic Capsule
1 Canning Jar
- Vigorously shake the can of coconut milk.
- Empty the can of coconut milk into a clean canning jar.
- Open the probiotic capsule and empty its contents into the jar.
- Take a clean spoon and mix the probiotic powder into the jar.
- Place the lid loosely on the jar. Do NOT screw it on! You want air to be able to reach the mixture.
- Place the jar in an area where it will not be bumped.
- Let it sit undisturbed for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, stir the mixture and let it sit (lid loosely on jar) for another 24 hours.
- After the full 48 hours you can either stick it in the refrigerator for a runnier consistency or let it sit for another 24 hours for a more greek yogurt like texture.
- Store in the refrigerator with the lid sealed tight.
We suggest you consume this yogurt within 1-1.5 weeks. If you would like to make more you can leave about 1/4 cup of the yogurt remaining in the jar and then stir the fresh can of coconut milk right into that and let it sit at room temp for 1-2 days.